As I have mentioned previously in my Overnight Oats recipe, breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day. I love all of the foods associated with breakfast and could eat them anytime, anywhere. That being said, I get bored of having the same old breakfast day in and day out and I am always on the lookout for new recipes to bring into the mix. When I heard the words breakfast and cookies, I immediately had to start experimenting!
After many trials and errors, I came up with the recipe below. To me, it checks all the boxes: sweet, chewy and filling. Each cookie is chock full of fiber (7g) and protein (13g). Pair it with a smoothie or a yogurt and your morning is set! As an alternate strategy use them as a post-workout snack with a glass of milk. Hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes + 10 minutes cooling time Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, puree bananas, dates and peanut butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add pureed banana mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 6 large cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until beginning to darken on the bottom.
- Let cool for 10 minutes to harden and then enjoy!